Old May 14th, 2013, 11:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default back from cruise

On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:37:35 PM UTC-7, wrote:

A fourteen day cruise wow that is alot where did you make port and

what were all of your stops and that must have cost a pretty penny.

14 days to Hawaii. Five days there and five days back. Four ports on four islands. I never been to Hawaii, so I was easily amused. Rented a car twice and walked around twice. Went Muumuu shopping and just drove around. I bet we didn't spend more than $150 off shore.

The art auctions are a ripoff. The jewelry sales are not any kind of deal. And the spa is over priced.

I do like talking to the crew. There are some passengers worth talking to, but not many. I had my Kindle, so if there was any down time I could read or play Angry Birds.

The cruise was less than $1,000 pp. Much less than nearly any land vacation. and I got to scratch off a state I've never been to (also did the Alaska cruise for the same reason).

Both cruises were fun. I like the good personal service that I usually don't get because I like doing things cheap.

For instance; The Alaska trip allowed me to buy presents for everyone-- diamonds and gold! The t-shirt shops had "black diamond" necklaces for $1.00 and those little bottles of gold flake for $2.00. So everyone got precious metal and gems, for $3.00 each. Yay!