Old May 15th, 2013, 01:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default back from cruise

On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:06:37 PM UTC-7, wrote:

did you sail out of california?

Yes

I was thinking about the alaskin

cruise actually. How long was that one? what is the cruise line and

what is the name of the ship? I would like to look it up.

Holland America's Oosterdam. It was a week long. We booked an inside, but were offered a nice balcony for just another $100 pp. Alaska is a good one to get a window, because much of the appeal was the scenery.

You said

they had a movie theater? did they play the new releases or was it

older movies and what was the fee to watch the movies?

They were movies that were not quite yet on HBO. No charge. Popcorn was free, too. The theaters had balconies which was cool and regular seating.

my cruise was

only 4 days and it was over 800 $ but I had a cabin to myself which

was actually very nice. it was an inside cabin, I think I would have

actually gotten sea sick watching the water from a cabin so I got the

inside cabin. Glad I did because being at the edges walking around

made me queasy,

You can always draw the curtains.

When you cruise alone you pay as if there are two of you, except for the port taxes which are per person. You could have invited someone along and the increase in price would have been additional tax (less than $100) and additional gratuity ($11pp/day). Take me along and I'd even pick you up at the airport.