Old September 30th, 2003, 11:56 AM
R J Carpenter

Default How to buy a French registered car as a non-resident

wrote in message
news
Hi,

why not just take your UK registered car?

Simon wrote:
I live in France for part of the year, but am still a British resident
for all official purposes (tax etc), so don't have a Carte de Sejour.

UK cars are "wronghand drive" for the Continent. I'd guess many people
would want one that fit the local roads.

I was going to suggest one of the "Buy-Back" schemes such as run by Peugeot.
You buy a new car, keep it 17 to 180 days, and they buy it back at a fixed
price - all insurance etc included.

BUT, http://www.autoeurope.com/buyback_home.cfm

says "Buy Backs are available for any non-European Union citizen."