Old January 19th, 2006, 01:15 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default Shimba Hills National Park

In message
Pat Anderson wrote:

Hi Charles,
I`m sure Lets Go will help you, I wonder if Block have ceased managing
Shimba Hills? Block have reduced the number of hotels and lodges in
their name considerably over the years, when we left Kenya finally in
1987 after my husband finished his work there I went into Block hotels
in Nairobi and booked us into The Outspan hotel, Lake Naivasha,
Samburu lodge, Nyali Beach hotel, Sindbad hotel, Malindi, the Aberdare
Country Club, we had five weeks in these hotels before leaving Kenya,
since then things have changed and many properties are no longer Block
hotels. Out of interest I could contact them and ask.

It does seem to be a mystery.
I did a ten-minute Google and couldn't see any ownership information.
One site seemed to imply that it was owned by Comfort Inns, but when I
clicked through to the Comfort Inns link, I couldn't find it.

I did, however, find an American site, whose catchphrase is,
apparently 'integrity in travel' who are using an image which I'm
99.9% certain is mine, without permission. (They could have stolen a
better one, shirley?) I have the original 35mm slide!

Oh, BTW, thanks for the spider info. There's also a poisonous
centipede or millipede, but I now can't remember if it's the 'Mombasa
Express', which I saw on my first safari. My brain is gong to mush: I
can't remember if it's seriously poisonous to us or just to birds.
Hans-Georg?

Slainte

Liz

--
Virtual Liz: http://www.v-liz.com
Kenya; Tanzania; Namibia; India; Seychelles; Galapagos