Old June 14th, 2006, 12:35 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Cheap Seats Hours Before Takeoff?

Alan wrote:
Is there a whole website, or a section of a website, devoted to selling
vacant airplane seats at the last minute, say within the last 3 or 4 hours
of takeoff time. I'm figuring that 4 hours before a flight takes off
airlines might be willing to sell vacant seats at 1/2 or even 1/10 price
since they get zero if the seat travels empty.

I think you figure wrong. Revenue management strategy would rather they
go empty than everyone in the world waits until the last second to bid
then rushes to the airport.
--
mysteryflyer
http://www.mysteryflyer.com/