Old September 13th, 2003, 07:04 PM
Howard Garland

Default Pool Towels on Cruise Ships - Please Help!

wrote:

Yes, having to be responsible for my towel is a pain ... but you can't
believe that having passengers responsible for towels is being done as a
cost savings for the cruise line [they will still give you fresh ones,
etc. as a replacement]!
However, this procedure does help somewhat to resolve the
ridiculous/unfair habit by some passengers of getting up at the crack of
dawn to save deck chairs.

I disagree with you 100%. In my experience, it is the new policy that
IS responsible for people getting up at the crack of dawn to save
chairs. Princess, which first started this practice, has the biggest
deck chair hording problem of any cruise line that I've ever been on.

Do you have a better idea that will not cost the cruise lines $ by
requiring more help or having their help involved in arguments with the
unpleasant deck chair savers when their free towels are pulled by the
help?

I believe the cruise lines save a bundle by not freely providing clean
towels by the pool. So anything I suggest will cost them $. As for
chair hogs that get bent out of shape when their towels are pulled, tough.

Howard