Old November 15th, 2003, 08:42 PM
Dick Goldhaber

Default TSA OK's new locks for luggage

On our recent Hawaii cruise we had 6 bags, four checked and two carry on.
Our new luggage has multiple pockets that need to be locked, unlike the old
luggage in which everything was covered by one combination lock.

Danni bought a bunch of inexpensive plastic and wire locks which we applied
to the luggage, first copying the security numbers from the locks. None of
the locks were opened.

We had to break the locks to open the bags once we were in the cabin, and we
applied new locks on the way home. None of the locks were opened, but once
again we had to break them in order to unpack.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Robin" wrote in message

"HDawson228" wrote in message
Returning from Merida, Mx last month, all my checked luggage was hand

searched
at the Merida airport. Again in Atlanta.

I'm lucky if they can squish everything back into the bag!
Some airports don't have the equipment to scan checked bags and every

single
person checking in gets every single bag hand searched before boarding,

that
is the scene when we leave out of Bonaire's (Netherland Antilles) airport
for the US. At least we know it's coming and can plan accordingly.