Old June 11th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Pat

Default Newfoundland and Labrador folk festivals

In article ,
Marcus Streets wrote:

Mind you Cambridge is only a city of 100,000 and the Cambridge
festival site is within the city boundary - with hotels and bars in
easy walking distance. Obviously I cannot comment on whether Bannerman
Park is as nice as the grounds of Cherry Hinton Hall.

I went to the Cambridge Folk Festival a few years ago. I mix main stage
FOH sound at the NFLAB Folk festival.

The Cambridge grounds are much larger. There is no on-site camping at
the NFLAB festival.

While Cambridge and St. John's are both small cities, you can reach
Cambridge by rail in only a few hours from most any part of England. By
comparison, the semi-large population centre nearest St. John's is
Halifax. That's a 20 hour road trip, 5-6 of which are spent on a ferry
crossing the Gulf of St. Lawrence.