Old January 26th, 2009, 09:38 AM posted to rec.travel.budget,rec.travel.europe
William Black

Default London Looks Like A Deal These Days!

"hackamore" wrote in message
Mike wrote:
hackamore wrote:

I'm fond of Indian food myself and London has tons of good Indian type
restaurants.

and of nearly every other type including modern British which
Americans under estimate, and now you can afford to go in!

Hi,

High End British food is underrated... but I can find very similar styles
at home... whereas I can only find pale imitations of the indian foods I
find in London.

You should try India then.

I find the English version of Indian food rather bland and tasteless these
days.

I've never found a hotel that really did it for me though... something was
always lacking... always something... price often really high for what you
got for a room... what often passes for an english breakfast these days
just doesn't do it for me... or location...

give me a clean room, decent bath/shower, with a lift, and something close
to the tube and a couple of good pubs... at a good price :-}

I can do this in Paris, Munich, Florence, Amsterdam.....

why not London?

Because London is not really designed around tourists.

It is both the capital and the major business centre.

It isn't particularly tourist friendly

Try going to Leeds/York and wandering around the museums there.

It's a lot cheaper, a lot cleaner and the people are friendlier.

--
William Black

Time for tea.