Old May 14th, 2009, 08:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
wildrose1723

Default Ryanair scraps check-in desks as it charges passengers £10 to print tickets at home (and a £40 fine if you forget)

On May 13, 7:09*pm, John Doe wrote:
pig brother wrote:
Ryanair scraps check-in desks as it charges passengers £10 to print
tickets at home (and a £40 fine if you forget)

I assume that the article's writer meant "boarding pass" instead of
"ticket" ???

This is getting funny. If Ryannair charges me $5 to print a boarding
pass, perhaps I should charge it for the ink/toner that it is costingf me ?

Or is this just a case of Ryannair wanting people to check-in at the
airport with the self-serve kiosks for free ?

wow - that's a bold move for Ryanair. But at the same time should we
be surprised? They are notorious for cutting costs wherever they can -
and let's face it, that's why we get our tickets there! That 40gbp
fine is outrageous though. But again, I guess we're not paying for
customer service..... what we put up with to save a some cash huh?