Old June 7th, 2012, 12:31 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Joe Makowiec

Default 'On-the-road restaurants in USA

On 06 Jun 2012 in rec.travel.usa-canada, Neville MADDEN wrote:

My wife and I are planning a three month driving tour in the US,
mainly in a big loop from Los Angeles to Seattle to Niagara to NY to
Florida, New Orleans, GC, Las Vegas and back to LA.

Last time, about 10 years ago, we used to eat at the "eat all you
can for $5.99" restaurants for the main meal of the day. Reasonable
quality food and helped keep the travel budget reasonable.

Looking at Denny's and Wendy's web site this option no longer seems
available.

Any suggestions as what is the best option nowadays.

Second what Ken Blake suggested - Chinese buffets at lunchtime.

There's a national chain of buffet restaurants called Golden Corral
(http://www.goldencorral.com/). They run about US$10 for dinner
(current special is 2/$20); no idea about lunch pricing. It's been a
while since I ate there, but the food should be OK if uninspiring.

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/