Old December 15th, 2015, 09:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
poldy

Default Iceland: scenic driving advice?

On 12/14/15 4:52 PM, Don Wiss wrote:
On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 13:03:58 -0800, poldy wrote:

Do people still buy guide books?

Absolutely. Very convenient to carry around.

Or jsut print out some web sites?

You can print out all you want. But they will not have as much, or be as
organized as an inexpensive 384 page guide book. And clumsy to manage while
on the trip.

The Lonely Planet one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1743214758
Is only $15.70. A pretty minor expense considering what the entire trip
will cost. And if you want to be cheap, you can preview most of the book on
Amazon.

I think the one thing I don't miss about carrying guidebooks is carrying
guidebooks, vs. a few printed pages.

I guess I could buy guidebooks in ebook form, since you can bookmark
sections and search through it.

I like the history that guidebooks cover but a lot of the hotel and
restaurant listings are out of date.

Actually, forum info can be pretty useful.