Old December 16th, 2015, 09:48 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Giovanni Drogo

Default Iceland: scenic driving advice?

On Tue, 15 Dec 2015, Dan Stephenson wrote:

I would research hotels in the "next town" *before* ...
something like that will work for Iceland?

No idea, but Iceland is sparsely populated, the only real town is
Reykjavik, the capital. One may add Akureyri, Hofn and Egilstadir. In
the latter place we slept in a school dormitory (with double rooms).
We slept in countryside hotels in other places (we were a group on a
coach, can't remember how many, perhaps about 30).

Maybe a single person or a couple can find accomodation easily. Surely
in summer they could lodge you in a school if you have a sleeping bag.