Old October 16th, 2003, 04:41 AM
marika

Default Wheres Your Favourite Creative Hideaway ?

(Derek Becker) wrote in message . com...

If you want to live cheaply anywhere, you need to live by local
standards, local style accomodation, local food etc. This is difficult
in many places, particularly where you dont speak the local lingo.
Your comment about Sydney got me thinking about Australia as a place
for this.

This is great.

For anyone else wanting to implement such an idea, Australia
would be perfect.

Thank you.

Its very cheap compared to here (Europe), with every
climate and terrain you can think of, and excellent infrastructure.
Allthough, having lived in every Australian capital city except
Brisbane and Horbart, i can say with authority: screw Sydney (and
melbourne). Go to Perth instead. Cleaner, prettier, more/better woman.
And awesomely cheap rent last time i was there, beautiful beaches as
well. If you must be near Sydney, live in the mountains instead,
gorgeous and only a couple hours down to yucky Sudney.

hope youur eyes are ok to keep absorbing this

As for
Melbourne, just forget it, its almost as filthy as London. When i was
a student in Australia i lived quite comfortably on
(AU$200:GBP£80)/week. Dont feel like going back to Aust for a bit
though, so i got to thinking about kiwiland (New Zealand). I have
never been there, but everyone says its wonderful, prettier than
Australia maybe (nahhh - no way!). I looked at some cost of living
indexes for the world and New Zealand is even cheaper than Australia
!. And Australia is pretty damn low . Actually, according to many of
these indexes (sadly i did'nt keep the URL's and am too lazy to look
them up again), Aust and Kiwiland are quite incredible in the standard
of living for cost of living equation, possibly the best in the world.
I have checked out rents in New Zealand, and holy ****, it costs
nothing to live there. As an Australian, i have no visa worries there,
speak the local lingo, wil have no problems obtaining local standard
accomodation and food. It seems ideal. Therefore, if no other country
takes my fancy over the next 3 months (and it'd have a hell of a lot
to live up too), New Zealand will be hosting me for several months of
coding time.

hope you like your supervisor

mk5000

"It also does some
nifty things like flashtext and such.'--ken mayer