Old October 12th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Hatunen

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:26:36 -0400, wrote:

I never quote because hopefully you know what you said without me
reminding you.

To use your own phrase: You're a moron'

You seem to think we can tell jsut by looking who you are
responding to.

As far as judging the whole city on one bad experience I
can only say that the Golden Ox was advertised in the Kansas City Travel
Book as the place to go for what Kansas City is known for "Steak".

A guide book said so?? Who wrote it? Ws it full of ads for
restaurants?

Everyone knows you find the best eating places by asking locals.

If a
place that is advertised as having the best steak in town is a lousy
place, best bets are that its not that great of a place to buy a steak.

I think that's a "duh!"

And Carmen you are right, I should have tried the Barbeque as KC is also
known for their barbeque.

I'm the one who mentioned barbecue.

Calvin Trillin called Arthur Bryant's barbecue the best
restaurant in the world, but I prefer Gates and Son.

After all, you can't hardly mess up on barbeque.

Uh. You're kidding, right?

Any by the way, I want to say to everyone who posts in this
group. I have never run across a group of more friendly, polite, well
mannered people than I have here.

Gee. Thanks.