Old December 17th, 2011, 11:51 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Graham Harrison[_3_]

Default Aer Lingus ex Shannon- preclearance for US flights?

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
On 12/17/2011 7:28 AM, David Horne wrote:
S wrote:

Good to know - I've been considering going through Ireland rather than
London, for my next cross-pond trip.

Most times I've done it recently has been via Amsterdam.
Manchester-Shannon-Boston is going more in the right direction! I do
recommend this way, it's a quiet airport, and there's tons of space and
nice comfy soft seats in the departure gate area. Noisy propeller plane
on the way here though...

The price difference was what appealed to me - it's nice to know that it's
a pleasant airport.
A short flight in a prop plane doesn't really bother me - years ago, I
used to travel transatlantic on them. Took _ages_, from Prestwick to
Iceland and Canada, before landing in NY.

Loftleidir? CL-44s.