Old February 22nd, 2013, 12:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

Default European Resturant Food prices

"David Horne" wrote in message
tim..... wrote:

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
Here is a detailed travelogue of our recent trip to Sicily:
http://www.molon.de/travelogues/Italy/2012-13/

Two weeks spent looping around the island, covering some of the major
highlights

First off - great report Alfred, but then we get to the bit that I
disagree
with

I didn't notice those restaurant food prices as out of line with other
Western European locations from my recent trips.

[]
What experiences do other have?

Similar to yours, although 'menu' deals can often present good value if
you want to eat several courses. I've had some exquisite meals on menu
deals in parts of Spain, for example.

In France the tourist "menu de Jour" was only available at lunchtime

In Spain/Portugal it looked like it was meant to be only available at
lunchtime but that the general economic situation has forced restaurants to
offer it all day

tim