Old August 23rd, 2004, 04:15 PM
Hatunen

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:14:12 -0500, jenn wrote:

Hatunen wrote:

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:09:28 +0100, "Thomas"
wrote:

Get a European train pass jobby, save a fortune, and if you know your
times, book...they can be bloody long slogs on the train waiting in the
corridors with out air con otherwise....

Yes I remember spending 61/2 hours standing between Rome and Pisa in the
August heat no air con, and barely enough standing room. It pays to book
ahead if you travel at weekends.

And seat reservations can be well worth it.

we have found thhe most convenient way to book is through local travel
agents who can issue the tickets, make reserved seats, get the best
deals and you can also spare yourself the half hour lines at most train
stations and then the short tempered ticket sales person who is not
about to give you a diquisition on the best deals

And I've found there are times of day when the queues in the rail
stations are minimal. So I try to drop by a station first chance
I get while out and about.