Old June 21st, 2008, 12:57 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

Default FBI: Flight Diverted After NYC Woman Lights Up

"John Kulp" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 15:06:51 -0500, "Jim Davis"
wrote:

"John Kulp" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 14:11:59 -0500, "Jim Davis"
wrote:

"John Kulp" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 20:40:32 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Duh_OZ writes:

Long story short, she files a lawsuit claiming JetBlue should have
never served her the third drink??

It's not JetBlue's fault, but airlines shouldn't be serving any
alcohol
at
all.

Sure. Lose even more revenue. Brilliant solution.

Is it really more revenue?

Yes. Why do you think they serve them?

Maybe a dozen people on any one flight spring for a drink or two. Minus
the
fact that FC is all freebies. They seem like they may cancel each
other.
Then a situation like a diverted flight comes up. (This wasn't the
first
alchol related diversion.) Big bucks were lost on the diversion.

Ridiculous. There is no free lunch. FC passengers pay for their
drinks in their tickets.

They would still buy FC at the same price if drinks were eliminated.

Sure. That's why all the passengers are willing to pay what it costs
to transports themselves right now so none of the airlines are in
financial trouble. You really know nothing about the airline business
do you?

You have no idea how many drinks they serve
on a flight. You just made that up as if you knew.

Yeah - I said "maybe" it's called a guess. I'll ask on my next flight.
The
FA's can give me a ball park figure on how many drinks they serve in
coach.
Then I s'pose I'll know.

Yeah, one flight should be a good enough market study for these silly
claims alright.

Most FA's can give an educated guess on an average amount. If that's not
good enough for you, then I guessed about a dozen people per flight -
avarage. Prove me wrong.

And a diversion is extremely rare.

The total cost still may be surprising.

To who? You?

Damn right! I was suprised. You on the other hand, know it all, so maybe
not to you.