Old September 24th, 2003, 08:05 PM
rob tyler

Default driving across the usa - the developments

"Hiloman" wrote in message
t...

Plan B: leave car and FLY (on 24th) from New Orleans to El Paso -

El Paso gets my vote as the ugliest city in the States. I'm too lazy to
read you earlier threads, but why would anyone be interested in El Paso?

it seemed sort of half way around (from NY to SF) - you probably arent aware
of how romantic your city and town names are from this side of the
atlantic - they conjure up all sorts of folk (film?)memory connections -
though, as you suggest, the realities are probably not as wonderful - but it
being on the mexican border would give us a chance to spend one day on each
side to compare - i presume the mexicans are quite keen on christmas - and
anyway a party is a party wherever....