Old September 12th, 2003, 05:34 PM
John Miller

Default One week California trip- 1st timers

wrote:

DrDwighty wrote:
We have just one week, beginning of October to see California. We know that
this is not a lot of time. We are flying into San Diego and leaving from
Oakland. We want to do some sight-seeing but are not hikers. We love the
beach. We are in our early 50's. Any help planning an itinerary would be
GREATLY appreciated!

I would try to fit Santa Barbara in if I could -- the quintessential
California beach town. Try to stay somewhere on the beach within easy
walking distance of State Street. I agree with those who say to give LA
a miss (even though I am a native and grew up there!). If you fly into
San Diego early enough, you could go directly to Santa Barbara the first
day. Just driving through LA, on the 5 - 405 - 101 route, should give
you an adequate taste of it; unless you're into theme parks and movie
star tours.

Spoken like a true NoCal retard.