Old June 3rd, 2005, 09:17 AM
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and

nitram wrote:

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 05:51:10 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Derek McBryde writes:

Me too. I wish someone could explain to me what UK (even just
England) would get out of incurring a huge amount of debt just to
bring this to London. Maybe they want to recoup some of the
millions spent on the millennium dome?

I think London is the perfect place for the Olympics.

Except it has few suitable stadiums, inadequate public transport and
the area chosen needs to be bombed flat before they can start.

I think it could be done, and I support the bid- because I think the
regeneration would be worth it. But, if Paris got it instead, that would
be fine with me too. Worth pointing out that one of the new Eurostar
stations in London will be very close to the site.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net