Old May 19th, 2006, 06:15 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Saudi Arabia opens its doors to tourists

In article ,
Tom Peel wrote:

Isn't it interesting that the countries with the largest oil reserves
are the ones that are planning for a future without oil, while the rest
of the world blunders onwards as if there were tomorrow.

That's the thing, we can disdain the Saudi's plans for the future but
what kind of lifestyle will we have without cheap oil?

Certainly intercontinental travel might become something that only the
wealthy can afford.

Again.

If expensive energy and global warming reshape the topology of the
wealthy nations, how many members of the populations of those countries
will be able to continue our energy-intensive pursuits?