Old June 8th, 2012, 03:39 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

Default 'On-the-road restaurants in USA

"Neville MADDEN" wrote in message
Good morning,

My wife and I are planning a three month driving tour in the US, mainly
in a big loop from Los Angeles to Seattle to Niagara to NY to Florida,
New Orleans, GC, Las Vegas and back to LA.

Last time, about 10 years ago, we used to eat at the "eat all you can for
$5.99" restaurants for the main meal of the day. Reasonable quality food
and helped keep the travel budget reasonable.

Looking at Denny's and Wendy's web site this option no longer seems
available.

Any suggestions as what is the best option nowadays.

Thanks

Neville
Queensland
Australia

Denny's has a $2, $4 $6 $8 deal

While driving north from LA , across from Hearst Castle is a Best Western
Cavalier.
Great food - cheap prices and the best apple pie you'll ever have.

I travel a lot and like the Perkins Restaurant chain. Good dinners for ~$10.
Their pot pies are excellent ( but regional).

Chinese buffets are a thing for the past few years. I see them all over the
country by various names. Usually about $6 for lunch, $10 for dinner. "
China Buffet " is a chain in New England.
In Ocala,FL there is another that has Alaskan King crab legs on Friday
nights . It's more money on Fridays, but it is amazing to see much food some
people can eat. Most people get JUST the legs. One little old lady made
several trips of 4-5 each.

What TYPE of food do you like ? Turkey, steak, fish, veggies ?
Readers here can tell you about local chains for your preference.

Also, if you will have a GPS, for many of the chains you can download a file
that will add a file to their locations.
http://poidirectory.com/poifiles/uni...s/restaurants/

We use the links to hotels/restaurants as nighttime/ dinnertime approaches.
If another ... 37 miles to a "Comfort Inn with a Perkins nearby" then
THAT's where we stop for the night. If nothing for 100 miles then it doesn't
matter. Some of the parts of the country you'll travel are remote and good
to have all of the hotels/restaurants loaded into GPS before you hit the
road.