Old May 17th, 2006, 10:42 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default where to go in Africa ?

I'm biased, but my recommendation for a first-time African visitor
from Europe or N. America is always South Africa. This is because
South Africa is not as far outside of the average tourists comfort
zone as East Africa can be. It's a much "gentler" introduction to
Africa in many ways.

Sure, if you're going on a package tour where you're escorted to the
airport, then transferred to a luxury lodge in a 5-star coach, and
spend ten days being wined and dined in 5-star luxury, then it could
be in South Africa, Kenya, or any other country for that matter.

TBH though, both Southern Africa and East Africa have their own unique
beauty. Do them both...

Marc - Johannesburg
On Tue, 16 May 2006 20:27:01 -0400, Leo Kerner
wrote:

I am planning my first trip to Africa. What is a better choice,
Kenya/Tanzania or South Africa/Botswana? I want to see animals in the
wild and beautiful scenery....

Cheers,
Leo