Old January 8th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Jan

Default Calling UK form Orange mobile phone

Kath wrote:
Hi,
I will be visiting Clearwater Fl for a week later this month. I will
take my tri-band mobile phone with me but the charges with Orange are
£1.10 per minute to call the UK.
I've heard of using Access Codes to reduce costs but when I looked
these up on the internet they seem to apply to phone calls made FROM
the UK.
Dial Arounds look like an option, but I'm not sure if they only apply
to telephones originating in the USA. I'm not keen on purchasing a
Calling Card because I would have to have some kind of contract and
pay a US company - it all gets very complicated.
PLEASE can anyone tell me how I can call home without paying quite so
much?

Thank you

Kath

What did we do before mobile phones? Well I believe we went on holiday and
sent postcards.
Do you really need to call home ?? If so why not make a quick call fro a
public phone.
I travel for several weeks at a time, when I know or if I know where I am
staying I will send an email leaving forward contact numbers. I can honestly
say in all my years of travel, that I've never been needed!!!
Jan

---