Old September 11th, 2003, 02:12 PM
Mika

Default NAAFA's Airline Tips for Fat People

The Reid wrote:

Following up to Martin W. Smith

If you havnt eaten, the growling is normal

Because you say so?

If you like!
Is it not commonly reported? When I last went to the dentist sans
breakfast I apologised for the rumbling, although dentists are
not doctors, they tend to medically aware, he did not seem to
think I had any problem, just in need of a croissant which I
couldn't eat until my gums had been treated.

The growling does not come from the stomach, it comes from the
intestine. The intestine contracts to move materials. If there is a
certain proportion of liquid or gas (as is the case if you have not
eaten) the contractions generate the sound that is noticed as 'stomach
growling'.