Old February 22nd, 2005, 02:35 PM
Gregory Morrow

AJC wrote:

Ugh, yes, I've been to Atlanta. I didn't enjoy it, but I'm glad I've
seen it. Everyone should be exposed to such horrors at least once!

Yeah it's a ghastly place. I really despise the South, too bad they don't
secede so that the rest of the US can again rise to the level of a First
World country...

Georgia especially is a backwater. There is only one time in my life when I
felt my life was in danger, it was about 30 years ago when I had to pull off
the interstate in rural Jaw - ja to change a flat tyre. People were
actually swerving to *hit* me and yelling "Yankee go home!" (they were
tipped off by my Illinois licence plates). It really *is* like the film
_Deliverance_ down there, except that the hillybillys in the movie have
progressed to the point where they have real power and influence in this
country, e.g. Newt Gingrich...

SHUDDER/

People were cringing when Atlanta got the '96 Olympics. Gawd that was a
whole big white trash fest...

The South sucks up HUGE amounts of money from the rest of the country, it's
mostly for pork barrel defense expenditures. So not only is the South a
backwards place, but it is also sucking the lifeblood out of the more
advanced parts of the country.

--
Best
Greg