Old July 20th, 2005, 11:37 PM

Ask your friends if they consider it to be safe. My wife and I spent the
last two weeks of May in Mexico City and had no problem at all, nor did we
hear of any problems. We were swept up in a protest of about a million
people one day (protesting the charges against the mayor of the city). Even
with that, there was no problem, except it took us about two hours longer
than we planned to cross the street, and we crossed it dozens of blocks from
our hotel.

We had been to the city a few times in the past, but always as a stopover on
the way to somewhere else. Well, no more. It's a gorgeous place, hard to
believe the quoted population numbers, and there is a certain
hard-to-describe zing about the place. It's wonderful, so enjoy your visit!

Keith
"yoni" wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like to go visit Mexico City, but I read online that there is
so much crime that I am having 2nd doubts. Kidnappings, robberies,
etc..

Anyone know if its any safer now? Is it worth the risk?

Plus keep in mind that I will be with locals ( I am going to visit a
friend).

-Yoni