Old February 22nd, 2009, 09:26 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
KGB

Default "Apex car rental" NZ - opinions????

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 05:42:53 +0000 (UTC), (Dick
Adams) wrote:

Rudy wrote:
Someone else wrote:

Another thing to remember about Australia/New Zealand car rentals is
that your Stateside insurance is invalid there.
Check with your credit card company if they offer car rental insurance
in Oceania -- some do.

My US Signature VISA card covered us...no charge

But you need to practicw driving on he other side of the road.

Dick

Hi

Thanks for the replies - but as the original poster I feel I should
point out that:-

A) As stated in my original post, I am from the UK (not the United
States).

B) Insurance is not the issue, my query was whether Apex car rental is
a reputable company - I have since discovered that they have a licence
to operate in Auckland Airport so presumably they do actually exist.
Incidentally I do NOT know of any UK credit cards which offer car
insurance in foreign parts.

B) Here in Great Britain we do drive on the other side of the road!!!
(Actually it is the correct side of the road - it is [most of] the
rest of the World which is out of step). 8^)

Regards

KGB