Old March 22nd, 2006, 09:17 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default September travel to spain

Following up to Stagshrine

There is an English speaking Philosophy club that
meets in an Irish bar just a few steps from the Plaza Major in Madrid.
Spaniards join this club to practice English. It is a great scene on many
levels.

As there is a similar thing in Pontevedra I suspect they may be
commonplace?

A tip about driving in Spain. After several harrowing experiences driving
in mediaeval sections of Toledo and Cordoba and Granada I got this tip from
another American couple. When they get to a town like that, they park
their car in the outskirts and grab a cab to take them to their Hotel.

defeatist! :-) Another US tip is to hire a taxi that you then
follow to the hotel, My tip, get a map! Although arriving armed
with street maps can be difficult.
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site