Old February 25th, 2013, 12:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

Default European Resturant Food prices (was Sicily travelogue)

"Giovanni Drogo" wrote in message
news:alpine.LSU.2.00.1302251021190.21025@cbfrvqba. ynzoengr.vans.vg...
On Fri, 22 Feb 2013, Alfred Molon wrote:

The other point is that local eating times are quite different
from those in Northern Italy (and surely from those you are
accustomed to). Difficult to find a snack-place at noon for lunch
(more likely around 14), or a restaurant before 20 in the evening
(more likely 21).

Usually we do not eat so late (i.e. after 8-9pm). We have small kids who
need to eat early in order to go sleeping early.

But surely if you would travel to a place in another timezone, you would
shift your eating times and adapt to the local ones.

Not unless opening hours of "attractions' are similarly shifted.

If, like me, you wish to visit a number of attractions before they close at
5pm each day you need to be knocking on the door of the first as soon as it
opens.

And if you are used to, for example eating a 7pm, going to bed at 11pm, to
get up at 7:30am that works for a 9am start time.

So you can't change to eating at 9pm going to bed at 1am to get up at 9:30am
unless opening hours of attractions are shifted to 11am-7pm, which (mostly),
they aren't!

tim