Old July 11th, 2012, 12:34 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,can.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
gtr

Default Fat Slobs To Sue Air Canada - 2 Seats Occupied AC Charged Swine For 2 Places

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 05:14:27 +0000, TimReich wrote:

The skinny man shouldn't be subsidizing the obese, as those costs get passed
along to the other passengers.

Everybody takes up one slot and pays for one slot. Or, if you want to
sleep on the way to the other side of the planet, you can pay for
three, and lay across them sleeping at your whim. Or if you want to
baby your 1935 Gibson L5 you can buy a seat for it and strap it in. If
you want one seat for each of your butt-cheeks, you can buy those two.

Certainly fat folk can sue. And they can lose real quick and then
everybody can go on about their business, having put the matter to
rest. I hope it does come to trial.

I would like to know if I can get a partial payback when someone's lard
in the next seat "overflows" over, onto, or under the arm-rest,
occupying, say. 5% of my seating space.

If I have to pay full price to buy a seat for my 2 year old, even though he'll
spend most of the flight on my lap anyway, those taking up 2 seats should have
to pay for it. period.

And if your child is continually disruptive and occupies my air space
with shrieking and endless back-seat kicking I wonder if I can get
another discount for "pain and suffering"?

Hey. I'm always looking to cut costs!