Old February 25th, 2009, 10:08 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

Default Film really is dead, especially for travel

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:03:45 +0530, "William Black"
wrote:

"poldy" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"William Black" wrote:

One limitation is dynamic range, which you can see if you try to
photograph the interior of a cathedral or church where the interiors
are
mostly lit by daylight coming in through the windows.

That's a function of 'film speed'.

Modern digital cameras can adjust to provide the illusion of different
film
speeds.

Right, but the higher ISO settings yield more noisy images.

They do with film as well...

Well, not 'noise' but you know what I mean...

Grainy?

Yep.

People crank up their digital SLR to 600 ASA and complain about noise.

Have they ever looked at a 600 ASA photograph taken on film?

--
William Black

Time for tea.