Old August 21st, 2004, 12:36 AM
Daniel Bowen

"Brizze" wrote in message
. ..
My wife and i are planing a 4-5week trip to Australia in december, maybe
that is! Because i have read a couple of places that december is not the
best month to visit AU.

1. because australians themselves are on their long christmas vacation and
therefore, making it almost impossible to find a place to sleep etc.

No. You might have some trouble in particular spots, eg big cities on New
Years Eve, and holiday areas (eg Gold Coast) in the 2-3 weeks after
Christmas, but if you plan ahead and book for these times, you should be
fine.

For the period before Christmas, I doubt you'd have issues. Remember that in
most states, schools run until about the 17th of December, so most families
don't go on holiday until after that (with most people taking time off only
after Christmas, as for many businesses up until Christmas time is very
busy).

2. because of the huge amount of box jellyfish, that makes it
life-threatening to go bathing north of Brisbane.

Someone from that area can probably answer better than I, but I'd have
thought it was just a matter of taking heed of any local warnings, and
avoiding the beach if necessary.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia