Old March 31st, 2009, 11:52 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Markku Grönroos

Default Europe motoring atlas recommendations sought

"Giovanni Drogo" kirjoitti
viestissä:alpine.LSU.1.00.0903311027090.1693@cbfrv qba.ynzoengr.vans.vg...
On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, Dan Stephenson wrote:

Hello, I am planning a long trip in Europe by car, and I would like your
recommendations for a motoring atlas. Actually, several.

For Italy, nothing beats the TCI (Italian Touring Club) Atlante Stradale
(Road Atlas). Consult their web site (although slightly awkward to
navigate). There is a "Punto Touring" with bookshop in all major italian
cities, and there are "succursali" (subsidiary bookshops) in many other
places.

For actual navigation the electronic maps for turn to turn instructions
would be quite superior to any hardcopy maps but for some reason the other
chap is not keen to utilize them.