Old March 27th, 2009, 10:47 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Andy Pandy

Default Twenty reasons never to fly Ryanair

"Tim C." wrote in message
So how many crashes have there been among low-budget airlines, compared to

the
major carriers over the last 5 years?

silence waiting for answer.......... :-)

You're more likely to die in a car crash
on the way to the airport.

well, always true so pretty irrelevant in comparing airlines

Except to make the point that your choice of transport to the airport will

have
far more bearing on the risk you face than your choice of airline.

Eg taxi to airport then flight with the airline with the best safety record,

is
more risky than train to airport then flight with the airline with the worst
safety record.

But still irrelevant when comparing airlines(which we were), rather than
comparing the whole journey (which we weren't).

So compare the airlines then. Answer my question quoted at the top of this post.

--
Andy