Old July 21st, 2006, 02:38 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Brian[_1_]

Default Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

On 20 Jul 2006 16:14:46 -0700, "SP Cook" wrote:

Such a plate would only be valid in the state of issuance. The Full
Faith and Credit clause of the Constitution only applies to legitimate
acts of one state. States cannot issue valid plates to non-residents
that the state the person actually lives in is bound to honor.

Otherwise, some smart state would just set a plate fee at $5 and sell
plates to every single person in America.

SP Cook

At one time, when I was in the Army, I had valid GA plates while still
having a valid CT license. I did, however, have some explaining to do
when I was pulled over.