Old July 21st, 2006, 02:42 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Brian[_1_]

Default Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 03:17:38 GMT, "Alohacyberian"
wrote:

I don't think it's always the state, I think its also the individual law
enforcement officer involved. I was riding with a friend in Wyoming and he
was going descending that long downhill grade just after we crossed the
Continental divide going 72 in a 70 mile an hour zone. Several cars with
Wyoming plates had sped past us, but, the officer ticketed my friend with
the California plates. Fortunately, at that time, speeding tickets were
very reasonable there at that time: $10, but, all fines cut in half if you
were wearing your safety belt. In Wyoming, like Colorado, you pay the
ticket on the spot if you have out of state plates. We imagined the officer
taking the crisp $5 bill and heading to the nearest dunkin' donuts. KM

My wife got a ticket in Wyoming a couple of years ago for doing 80 in
a 65. Fortunately, I had gotten her to slow down from the 90 she had
been doing. She mailed in the fine from home. We live in MD. I think
the fine was about $75.