Old May 16th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Thomas Stalder

Default What do Americans look like and the Germans can Keep the Speedos

Jessica Simpson wrote:
Good Lord, you want to be mistaken for a German? Now THEY have a well-earned
reputation as the RUDEST tourists on the face of the earth. If a group of
kids is pushing to the front of the line, they are certainly German. If
someone is having a fit at some local, they are most highly likely to be
German.

Again, when travelling in groups this applies for most nationalities. An
American are absolutely no exeption.
Just from your statements in these forum I can see, how much you think
(you, not Americans in general) that you are superior.

How many times have I seen tourists walking into a buddhist temple with
shoes on, just ignoring the the feelings of the monks.
Or climbing up the walls and buildings in the temples of Angkor Wat.
For a taking a picture everthing is allowed, it seems.
This is rude behaving, and Americans do it as often as others. Belive
me. I worked in restauration of such buildings and have observed a lot.

Story: I was standing in line to check out at a hotel in St. Lucia, and a
skeletal fellow wearing slacks and a white dress shirt and holding his
cigarette like a harmonica marched past the line up to the counter and
shouts in his best "you-are-all-going-to-the-showers" German accent: "I
VANT MINE LUGGAGE UND I VANT IT NOOOOW!!!!"

And from this one event you judge all Germans?

I once was finally the first in line at the checkin counter in Hanoi
airport, when suddenly the tour guide of a huge group of Japanese got
served before me, handing out a pile of passports and tickets (economy
as well) to the clerk. I had to wait another 40 minutes.
I still do not consider all japanese or tour guides to be rude.