Old September 5th, 2011, 12:08 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
David Hatunen

Default Twin Peaks San Francisco

On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 14:32:07 -0700, Spencer G wrote:

Later in the year I will have a 24 hour stop over in San Francisco and
as well as walking the GG bridge I would like to have a look at the city
from the Twin Peaks summit.
Is it possible to get a taxi from say Fisherman's Wharf to the summit
(in the day time)? I ask in case there are restrictions on cabs on the
peaks road.
I can manage the walk down and then use public transport back to my
hotel in Post street.

I don't reckon there would be any problem, but you could probably save a
bunch of money by taking the Metro to Forest Hill Station and grabbing a
cab there.

The number 37 bus passes within a short, but steep block of the loop
drive on Twin Peaks, but I don't know if the schedule would work out. It
starts at Castro Street Metro station (one of the more interesting San
Francisco neighborhoods). Of course, all the neighborhoods are
interesting.

http://www.sfmta.com/cms/mhome/home50.htm

--
Dave Hatunen: Free Baja Arizona