Old July 7th, 2004, 07:41 AM
Eric Edwards

Default How much money for one year in Asia???

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 04:28:15 +0200, me wrote:
On 6 Jul 2004 12:27:25 -0700, (Tchiowa) wrote:

(magda) wrote in message . com...
Hi
How much money would I need for one-year travel in Asia (china, SEA,
India, Nepal)? Do you thing 7000USD would be enough?

Depends entirely on how you want to live. You're talking about less
than $20 per day and that includes transportation expenses.

If you plan on losing weight and don't mind living with mosquitoes and
cockroaches, you *MIGHT* make it.

Losing weight? In Asia? How could one possibly lose weight in Asia?

I did. I came back 5-10 pounds lighter than I left. I think it was due
to small portions and the general inconvenience of eating while
traveling. The struggle to get adequate veggie content in parts of
Malaysia and Indonesia got to be wearing as well.

--
Photos and travelogues from Africa and Southeast Asia:
http://www.exile.org