Old July 7th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Tchiowa

Default How much money for one year in Asia???

me wrote in message . ..
On 6 Jul 2004 12:27:25 -0700, (Tchiowa) wrote:

(magda) wrote in message . com...
Hi
How much money would I need for one-year travel in Asia (china, SEA,
India, Nepal)? Do you thing 7000USD would be enough?

Depends entirely on how you want to live. You're talking about less
than $20 per day and that includes transportation expenses.

If you plan on losing weight and don't mind living with mosquitoes and
cockroaches, you *MIGHT* make it.

Losing weight? In Asia? How could one possibly lose weight in Asia?

By not being able to afford to eat that much.

Mosquitos? Well yeah, there are mosquitos, if you spend 5$ a day or
100$ a day, same same.

No. If you spend $5 a day on a cheap guest house you'll find you have
bigger mosquito problems at night than if you stay in a good quality
hotel.

Transportation expenses? This remark shows you
haven't travelled that much in Asia.

I'm a legal resident of Indonesia. I have a house in Thailand. I spend
probably 10-11 months a year in Asia. In the last 15 years I've
probably spent a total of about 10 years cumulative in Asia.

You?

Personally I never even include
transportation expenses in my cost calculation. You can travel from
Beijing to Kashgar for less than 100$,

And if you're on a $20 a day budget you don't include $100 in your
calculations????

from Istanbul to Delhi for
l00$, from Bangkok to Phnom Penh to Saigon to Hanoi to Vientiane and
back to Bangkok for 100$.

you *MIGHT* make it.

Gimme a break, come on. We're talking Asia, not the US.

That's right. And if you're willing to live poor, you can make it on
that amount. If not, you can't.