Old April 17th, 2009, 02:52 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
PatTX[_3_]

Default Sue Alitalia for my lost bags?

wrote:
:: Hi guys,
:: Alitalia lost one of my bags four months ago while traveling from
:: Boston to Cairo. I filed a claim when it was lost.
:: I have been trying to contact them for the last four months but they
:: never answer their phones. The only response I got back was by email
:: saying that they will settle my claim after 100 days from the day my
:: bag was lost.
:: Now it's 120 days, and I received nothing. The bag is worth more than
:: 1000 dollars.
:: Also I have travel insurance but they are refusing to give me
:: anything until Alitalia settles the claim.
::
:: I decided to go to the small claim court in Boston, but I need to
:: list the defendant's name, what should I write?
::
:: Thanks

It's really strange that a commercial business "never" answers the
phone...perhaps you have the wrong number? Try the 800 operator and ask her
if they have a toll free number. Or go to their website....

Pat