Old March 1st, 2010, 03:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Default Cape Liberty

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Sue Mullen" wrote in message

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"peter" wrote in message
On 2/28/2010 7:11 PM, Charles wrote:
In , Surfer
wrote:

Does anyone have a clue as to what kind of a parking lot cape liberty
has? Inside or open lot outside. Thanks
It is an outside parking lot.

At least one of the hotels in nearby Elizabeth, NJ offers a package
including free parking during the time of the cruise. It may or may not
offer inside parking.
Anyone staying in a Newark pre-cruise hotel better be prepared to pay
that $40.cab fare to Cape Liberty...we've done it twice!

At least for Annie who asked about the parking, it would be silly to stay
in a hotel pre-cruise. She lives just about 1 1/2 hours from the pier, an
easy drive.

sue

I realize that, but if it were me (which it isn't) and I thought I'd be
snowed in or the roads would not be safe for travel on the day of the
cruise, I would take my time and go a day early and stay in Newark or
Elizabeth, park at a hotel that provided free parking and take a cab to the
port rather than lose all the money all ready paid for a cruise.

The New Jersey Turnpike which is what Annie would take, is usually
cleared very quickly. If that isn't clear, the roads from a hotel to the
port are less likely to be passable.

sue