Old April 20th, 2006, 04:24 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default Honeymoon - Best Destination - July ???

We are thinking of traveling to Africa for our honeymoon in July '07. I
have done a little research but have not been able to narrow down the
list of destinations, there is simply too much to choose from... Here's
a little info which should give you an idea as to what we are looking
for:

1. Luxury - We can rough it but given that it is our honeymoon I think
a luxury vacation is more appropriate. It should offer a good balance
between relaxation and adventure.

2. Wildlife - I am an amateur photographer so I would like to go
somewhere that will offer a great selection of wildlife of all kinds. I
have read that Kenya in July can be spectacular with the annual
migration. I have also looked into Botswana, Tanzania and South Africa.
Botswana appears to be a great destination as well, just wondering
whether I might regret not seeing the migration.

3. Must see destinations - As mentioned, the migration appears to be on
the "must-see" list. What about Victoria Falls?

4. Crowds - I would prefer a location which is less crowded, more
intimate.

5. Cost - We are flexible here, I would like to keep the total cost of
the Safari under $6000 per person.

Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan