Old June 6th, 2006, 06:40 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Delta Insider Articles List in Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Yeah, I know what ya mean, because our little country town is Delta,
GM, Ford, Home Depot, Ga Pacific, and some others like now N. Caolina
owned banks.

Well today, at least ...uh...uh....we have a home-owned newspaper that
seems to be thriving, though Rupert Murdoch's NY POST is rumoredly
seeking to eat AJC sour dough bread with a version of NY POST tabloid
South.

Seriously: H.D. stock is off and there's feuding, fussing, and
dissension.

Delta is not as solvent as the Bank of China.

Ga. Pacific has been
sold to some moguls of Kansas.

GM & Ford ain't selling as many SUV et cetera (no Republicans know from
nuthin why this is so)
, and shutting their assembly lines soon or next year.

Hey, what's wrong with rubbing-in some dumb butt
politiks if you're a Democrat and still ****ed about the way they
treated Mike Dukakis.

When things were going fantab for Delta--not that long ago--ValueJet
could barely get a few gates on Concourse D, a longgggggg walk when ya
got off the escalator. Today, Air tran is closer and it appears gets
all the gates it can afford.

But thye AJC does report all these above, because otherwise I wouldn't
know about such.

You may sometimes need to read between the lines--especially when they
called me a perennial weed and endiorsed my Ga. legislature
opponents Athon and Henson
--but they are a pretty good newspaper imho.

mrtravel wrote:
Robert Cohen wrote:
I was looking for an optimistic recovery article I saw in the real
paper a couple of days ago, and note this article index would be
relevant, though I do have much more significant complaints about stale
pretzels and boring CNN airport news.

I also suspect that the AJC might not have a non-biased view on the
hometown airline.