Old June 7th, 2006, 02:10 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Delta Insider Articles List in Atlanta Journal-Constitution

"Robert Cohen" wrote...
Well, I also forgot Southern Bell: AT & T has reportedly absorbed 'em.

No, Robert.....

"AT&T" is the name recently adopted by "SBC", the old "Southwestern Bell"
once one of AT&T's affiliates, once HQed in St. Louie, now San Antonio, and
oiperator of "home phone service across the Southwest and in parts of
California and other chunks of the US. SBC acquired the remaining parts of
AT&T, principally the LD network and the wireless network. SBC already
owned a big chunk of awireless network, Cingular, into which AT&T wireless
was folded, and SBC, figuring that the old AT&T name had some mileage
remaining, switched....

I think Southern Bell still remains as it was, another of the old Bell
regionals on its own (but doesn't it also own part of Cingular?)

mrtravel wrote:
Robert Cohen wrote:

Yeah, I know what ya mean, because our little country town is Delta,
GM, Ford, Home Depot, Ga Pacific,

How in the world did you forget Coke