Old June 27th, 2006, 01:04 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Avoid Delta and Atlanta

In article ,
Nigel wrote:

I buy UK-originating tickets twice a year or so, rarely more than 1-1.5
months in advance. I seem to get reasonably cheap fares on the dates
I need. I usually buy from consolidators like Trailfinders and such.
Of course, this is just one person's experience, but somehow I doubt
that every Brit on a budget plans his or her vacation a year in advance.

Actually many of us do!

Quite often holiday plans need to be submitted to employers a year in
advance at the beginning of the 'holiday year' - if only to ensure adequate
work cover throughout the year.

Wow, that's pretty harsh! I'll try to remember this next time somebody
brings up how horrible vacation policies are in the US