Old September 7th, 2006, 09:23 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Dave Frightens Me

Default sedation, was Bilingual in Europe versus USA

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 15:31:17 +0200, Giovanni Drogo
wrote:

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, wrote:

Basically I have read that there is evidence that "sedation"
(building of permanent settlements and the infrastructure that goes
along with it)

Do you really use the word "sedation" in this context to indicate the
action of settling down ? I may be biased by the fact we in Italian
would use the word "insediamento" which would indicate both the action
of settling down, and a settlement as a place.

No. As someone mother-tongue English who also speaks Italian, I can
assure you that sedation only means medically drugged.
--
---
DFM -